EVENT: Tetley | It Starts with Tea

August 28, 2017

blogger-puiyeesss-brewing-tea

If you know me personally or you came across my About Me, you would get the idea that I'm a coffee person rather than a tea drinker.

I never expected that there is so much knowledge about tea brewing until I was invited to learn the Art of Tea Blending with Tetley's "£1 million" Tea Master, Sebastian Michaelis.

About Tetley

Tetley, Britain's iconic tea brand, is the 2nd largest tea brand globally.

product-tea
The range of Tetley tea available in Malaysia market.

Tetley tea is made from the young leaves and unopened buds of the plant, Camelia sinensis. The tea leaves are sourced from 11 countries across 3 continents, from the lush valleys and tropical islands that make up the tea growing regions in the world.

One of the largest tea brands worldwide with a presence in over 40 countries, Tetley brings to Malaysian teacups a combination of expertise and rich British heritage, spanning over 175 years.

darjeeling-assam-green-tea
Various type of tea leaves that gives different color, density and taste. Mr. Sebastian Michaelis added milk in it for us to see the difference in color easier.

darjeeling-tea-leaf-vintage-box
Darjeeling was the most significant one among all the tea leaves I tasted there. I was told that Darjeeling is rare, rank highest, almost like champagne among tea leaves.

Tips for The Perfect Brew

Since Tetley prides itself for its heritage of 180 years of perfecting the art of blending tea, I am gonna share with you the tips of getting the perfect brew I learnt on that day.

1. Vessel
A thinner lipped china cup or mug allows you to taste a fuller flavor of tea with every sip.

2. Water
Use only once-boiled water, reboiling reduces oxygen levels and affect taste.

3. Brewing Black Tea
Tastes best when brew in water that has reached boiling point.

4. Brewing Green Tea
Use water with temperature of 80 degree only, let tea bag sits for 2 minutes, not longer than 4 minutes to avoid developing bitter taste

5. Time
Leave the bag for 2 - 4 minutes for black tea and green tea, up to 5 minutes for herbal tea.

6. When to drink?
After you set the tea bag aside, let it cool for 2 minutes before you enjoy.

7. Storage
Always ensure that teabags are stored in an airtight container in a cool dark area.

tea-master-sebastian-michaelis-bloggers
Mr. Sebastian Michaelis answering all weird questions from us. LOL

influencer-blogger-puiyeesss-tallpiscesgirl
Trying to get the smell of different tea leaves with Charmaine

I Crafted My Own Brew of Black Tea

We get to brew our own tea after we learnt some of the tips from Mr. Sebastian Michaelis, and even create our own black tea using our own creativity with some of the ingredients provided.

tea-cup-mint-ginger-lemon-strawberry
We were given 3 tea bags, black tea, chamomile tea and green tea; and ingredients given to create our own black tea were mint leaves, ginger, lemon and strawberries.

tea-brewing-tea-bags-cup
Brewing my green tea, we were told to not prod or poke the tea bag, but it is okay to swirl a little.

blogger-puiyeesss-craft-own-black-tea
My creation - I crushed the mint leaves, added strawberries, and a little lemon to leaves a more refreshing note at the end.

Event Highlights

photo-booth-tea-master-sebastian-michaelis
Us with Tetley Tea Master Sebastian Michaelis.

photobooth-tata-madhukar-subramanian
And with Madhukar Subramanian of TATA Global Beverages.

english-afternoon-tea-set-cocott-ttdi
The event ended with a typical English Afternoon Tea in Cocott TTDI.

teh-tarik-fusion-cocott-ttdi
And since we are in Malaysia, we gonna pair it with Teh Tarik of course!


If you wish to try out these top-quality tea leaves from this Britain's iconic tea brand, it is now available in major hypermarket.





Connect with Tetley Malaysia

Official Website | Facebook | Instagram

Photos without watermark are copyright of Tetley official photographer.



💫 Follow my social media for more live updates ✨


Blog | Facebook | Instagram

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. wow this. a super informative post. I think I'm just a drinker in general....I love coffee, tea, wine and beer. I just need something to sip on, and I had no idea that there were so many things to know about tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw another person recommended this tea as well..and now the both of you got me by the hook..hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this new tea and want to crafting my brew tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite tea. I love their natural green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tetley is a great tea brand. We love their variants in India. Teh Tarik looks great. Our fav.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how does your tea creation taste like? Look so good till I can smell the lemon and mint here. :D

    ReplyDelete

  7. I love tea and I learned so much about it from this post. Tea brings relaxation and good mood that is why I am always on the look out for great tasting teas. Hope to try this one day.

    ReplyDelete

SA