BEAUTY: Cause I am Born This Way | Althea Beauty Box Review

October 06, 2017

born-this-way-skincare-makeup-flatlay

I had experiences buying similar beauty box like this few years ago, if not mistaken it was Wonder Box, but it doesn't exist anymore, I was so upset back then.

I love the idea of beauty box, it gives me a feeling like I am getting a surprise present, with various beauty products that I'm dying to try.

Lately, I discovered that Althea do launch themed beauty box from time to time too!

puiyeesss-holding-althea

What so special about Althea Beauty Box?
✔ Themed - it is usually cohesive to a theme, that contains products from skincare, make up to even hair.
✔ Price - extremely affordable, you get all full-sized products at a huge discounted price!
✔ Ship directly from Korea - how cool is that?

* Queue Lady Gaga - Born This Way song *

BORN THIS WAY Beauty Box

beuins-innisfree-dr-mind-3ce-atrium

When I open the box, I know summer is not over yet!
So, what is in my BORN THIS WAY beauty box?

product-photography-styling

1. Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam
2. Beuins Nutrient Emulsion Skin
3. 3CE Back to Baby Pore Velvet Primer
4. Max Clinic Catrin Natural 100 Mineral Sunkill RX
5. Aritaum Mono Eyes Eye Shadow (shade of Coral Squeeze)
6. Etude House Dear Darling Icecream Water Gel Tint (shade of Watermelon Red)
7. Pure Smile Art Point Pack
8. Dr. Mind Apot Red Mask (sample pack)


S K I N C A R E

1. Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam, 150ml

innisfree-green-tea-foam-cleanser

I've been dying to try this product since forever, everyone around me been raving about this product.
Green tea always known for its benefit of anti-aging and antioxidant yet keeping your skin moisturized, and what more can I ask for when the green tea extracts is from Jeju itself.

Usage Direction
Just like all the usual cleanser, squeeze some foam into hands and create lather then massage the foam onto face and rinse it off with lukewarm water.


innisfree-greentea-foam-cleanser-test

My Verdict

It doesn't leave my skin dry and so far has no sensitive reaction to it. Easy to foam up even I tried to foam it up on my hand without any water.
It does live up to expectation and do what it says on the packaging, cleansed my face and doesn't dry it up.

Rating: 9/10


2. Beuins Nutrient Emulsion Skin, 130g

beuins-toner-emulsion

To be honest, I never came across this brand prior to this, I am not adventurous as I always be when it comes to skincare product, so I always settle for "famous" brand.

Beuins Nutrient Emulsion Skin is a lightweight moisturizer that nourishes, hydrates and improves elasticity for healthy baby-like skin.

The special clean and smart ingredients in this emulsion contains:

  • Calendula extracts - Highly effect on antioxidant and healing skin
  • Adenosine - A kind of protein for skin cell reforming, effective for wrinkle
  • Centella asiatica extracts - Improve tension and wrinkle problems, at the same time moisturizing

beuins-toner-emulsion-test

Usage Direction
From what I researched, this product is meant for Korean weather (four seasons).
For dry skin or for winter season, this can be use as a toner; for neutral, combination, or oily skin or for summer season, this can be use as a toner-emulsion a.k.a light weight moisturizer.

beuins-toner-emulsion-application

My Verdict

I never really use it as toner, because I prefer my toner to be less sticky, I feel that way it gives more space for me to "layer up" my skincare routine afterwards. I only use it as moisturizer, I like the light floral smell of it, I use one and half pump, so I can do a bit of massage.
I am a bit hesitant whenever I want to use this product, it may not be suitable for my skin, it gives me a slight breakout on the cheek.

Rating: 8/10


M A K E U P

3. 3CE Back to Baby Pore Velvet Primer, 15ml

3ce-back-to-baby-pore-velvet-primer

A tone up primer that brightens up skin for a youthful glow. I use primer only on occasion basis, but I've learnt that primer is one very important step in your make up routine, it helps the make up to stay longer and some even able to neutralize your skin tone.

This velvet primer by 3CE able to eliminate excess oil and cover the appearance blemishes for a soft and clump-free finish. It has self-blurring effect too, real life Mei Tu baby!

3ce-back-to-baby-pore-velvet-primer

Usage Direction
A little goes a long way, just spread a thin even layer across enlarged pores before applying any makeup, add another layer over areas with skin imperfections.

My Verdict

This primer is crazy, it really does makes my large pores appear to be smaller, I extremely love its velvety finish after I spread it across my face.

Rating: 9/10


4. Max Clinic Catrin Natural 100 Mineral Sunkill RX, 12g

max-clinic-catrin-natural-100-mineral-sunkill-rx

100% natural mineral powder for an even skin tone and protects skin from UV rays, not only for face, it can be applied on body as well, up to SPF 46+++, claimed to have upgraded the SPF through their carefully selected mineral.

max-clinic-catrin-natural-100-mineral-sunkill-rx-test

Usage Direction
Open the lid by turning it clockwise, it has a safety lock to prevent accidental spillage of product. Tap the puff and get sufficient amount then spread it on face or body.

max-clinic-catrin-natural-100-mineral-sunkill-rx-puiyeess-applying

My Verdict

No doubt the product itself is very powerful in absorbing oil on my face, the packaging is especially convenient to carry around for touch up too, one does not need to carry additional powder brush along with your product, the reflective material on the cover can even serve as a mirror.
I even re-apply my make up in the car easily!

One downside of it is the difficulty of getting the product onto the puff, I was literally in the position of facing up and pouring the product onto my face, at the same time not knowing how much powder already on my face, so I sometimes ended up very powdery on certain part on my face. The puff is too big to reach to small part on my face, such as nose bridge and inner corner of my eyes.

Rating: 8/10


5. Aritaum Mono Eyes Eye Shadow, 1.3g (shade of Coral Squeeze)

aritaum-mono-eyeshadow-coral-squeeze

I'd be crying if I got a such an attention seeking shade for review previously, I was always conservative to believe that Asian should only use nude color eyeshadow. Not now anymore, I tried pink eyeshadow myself ever since I see many Korean rocking it and loving it. It is even my go-to eyeshadow color lately.

The eye shadow glides on seamlessly with single touch! Easy to achieve youthful look with this pinky coral color.

aritaum-mono-eyeshadow-coral-squeeze-test

Usage Direction
I always apply eyeshadow with my ring finger tip, often in the motion of brushing and tapping.

My Verdict

The color turns out very sharp with just one swipe, but it also build-able with tapping motion, I tap on the outer corner of my eyes and brush towards my inner eye lid to create a gradient-alike tone.
Bonus point: it can be use as blusher too! Easy to carry along on travel and I can use this on my eyes and cheek. However, I think the color is not super outstanding on my cheek.

Rating: 9/10

3ce-max-clinic-aritaum-test
My first impression on the above 3 make-up product when I was unboxing it.
  • My pores were visibly smaller after just ONE application of 3CE Back to Baby Pore Velvet Primer.
  • My skin was tone towards pinkish once I set it with Max Clinic Catrin Natural 100 Mineral Sunkill RX.
  • Tried Aritaum Mono Eyes Eye Shadow as blusher, doesn't pay off on cheek like how it does on eyes.



6. Etude House Dear Darling Icecream Water Gel Tint, 5g (shade of Watermelon Red)

etude-house-dear-darling-ice-cream-water-gel-tint

Look how cute is the packaging, it is a mini popsicle in my hand!

etude-house-dear-darling-ice-cream-water-gel-tint-test

Usage Direction
Apply one layer of lip tint, let dry.

My Verdict
I'm not really a lip tint kind of girl, I prefer lipstick or lip cream, I think those gave me more intense and drama look that I like. I expected it to be like lip cream, hence I dislike the stickiness on my lips, it appears to be like gloss at first. After I wipe it off several times, the color stay put on my lips.
On a side note, I like the slanted and flat tip of the brush, definitely making the application easy for beginners.

Rating: 10/10


A F T E R  O N E  D A Y  A P P L I C A T I O N

I put on all the makeup product on my face during one of the full day outing (9:30am - 10pm). Pictures below say it all.

puiyeesss-makeup-after-one-day-application

  • Face: Just reapply one layer of Max Clinic Catrin Natural 100 Mineral Sunkill RX before dinner. Not as oily as my usual day (I never really use primer prior to this)
  • Blusher: Gone! LOL
  • Eyes: Looks fine with eyes open, color still visible, but can clearly see a line when I close my eyes (guess I need to invest in eye primer soon)
  • Lips: This impressed me the most! I only reapply once after lunch, the color stays all day after all the eating, drinking, chewing and wiping with tissues. HANDS DOWN!!



7. Pure Smile Art Point Pack

pure-smile-art-point-pack

Usage Direction
Apply this point pack pads to the desired areas for targeted hydration.

My Verdict
This mask is so playful and great for sharing on social media. Some days when I don't feel like doing the whole intensive skin care routine, but I have dry patchy skin on selected area, I can just put it own for quick hydration.

Rating: 7/10


F R E E B I E S

8. Dr. Mind Apot Red Mask (sample pack)

dr-mind-apot-red-mask

Mask pack for intensive skincare on stressed and irritated skin, aim to sooth, improve skin texture and achieve oil-water balance.

5 main ingredients:

  • Anti Sebum P - oiliness balancing
  • Salicylic Acid - exfoliation of dead skin cells
  • Tea Tree Leaf Extract - soothing
  • Madecassocide - skin protection
  • Trehalose - moistness balancing

Sounds just what I need! I can't use mask that are either too nourishing or oil controlling, my skin will definitely breakout if is on either one of this category only.

dr-mind-apot-red-mask-application

Usage Direction
Prep cleansed skin with toner, apply mask sheet on and relax for a good 10 - 20 minutes. Gently patting over face for better essence absorption.

My Verdict

I like the soft sheet mask which stay onto my face pretty nicely, it doesn't dry up my face or making my face breakout, so I guess it really does what it promises, bringing the oil-water balance to my face. I was experiencing a popping pimple on my forehead when I put on this mask, usually my pimples take at least 3 days to dry, but after this mask, my pimple dries up on the next day!

Rating: 10/10



Where to buy?

Order and ship from Korea, link here. Take 1 - 2 weeks to arrive.


So, what do you guys think? Let me know if you already using some of these products and already loving it or simply just feeling meh.

As usual this beauty box already sold out, fret not cause they have other beauty box available for time being, so be sure to check them out, add them into the cart and PAYYYY! When you are still considering, it's sold out already.




Connect with Althea Korea




💫 Follow my social media for more live updates ✨


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oh wow! This sounds like an awesome beauty box! And I agree, getting a beauty box in the mail is like getting a surprise present. :) I haven't heard of any of this products until now, but they sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to try that Etude house liptint, it looks so cool and fun :)
    And also the Beuins emulsion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beauty box?
    it's like Christmas came early!
    thanks for your post

    ReplyDelete
  4. This os super cool..i used innisfree n its really worth it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Althea beauty box looks so gorgeous. The best gift idea especially in Christmas. I will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would so love to get my hands on the 3ce primer..I never owned any primer before and probably it's about time to have one..hhahhahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievable make-over tips. Worth copying! Bought hair stylist creams and straightening masks from cratejoy.com beauty subscription boxes last month. Have seen a surprising change in my hair texture in such a short span.

    ReplyDelete

SA