TRAVEL x HANOI: Cafe Nola, Comfort in the Chaos

January 26, 2018


Traveled to Hanoi last year November, it was very short, till I regretted my bad planning.
I didn't get to spend time at suburb area, I didn't get to hike.
Hopefully I will return one day to do these things, and hopefully my memories don't fade so fast before I have time to note down my trip here.

Before I have time to organize that, I want to highlight this cafe in Hanoi old quarter - Cafe Nola.

Cafe Nola

This place probably is the most random yet put together place I've ever seen, at the same time it is so old, so good and so artsy.

Entrance

Yup that's the entrance sign, it was not hard to find at all.

Most of the buildings in old quarter have small walkway like this.

Interior

The interior feels more like home, with every random, theme-less decoratios put together in one space.

This is what I mean, see, the sofas are obviously not the same set, yet they put it together.
However I don't really feel awkward, it feels strangely cozy.

My favorite corner, even uploaded a piece on my Instagram.

They have like 3 or 4 levels (can't really remember), and you have to walk on this steep and small staircase.

And even a wall of plants.

Rooftop area are decorated with colorful umbrellas, don't think you can sit here when it's raining, but definitely an insta spot when the sun shines.

Menu

They serve both local Vietnamese food and other Western cuisine, the price is on a higher side compared to what you pay at the normal local restaurant or food stall.

Wide selection of hot coffee, tea, juices and cocktail.

Had Nola's Cocktail that evening to wash down the heat. Made out of Gin, white menthe, soda, lime and lemon.
It was good, real good, just my kind of evening.

Hanoi is very famous with the extreme road crossing and the constant car honk, I won't say this place completely block out the noise, but there were a moment of peace in Cafe Nola before I throw myself back to the street for more city exploration.




Connect with Cafe Nola, Hanoi

89, Mã Mây, Quan Hoan Kiem,
Hanoi (Ha Noi), Ha Tay, Vietnam.

Operating Hours:
Daily: 10:00am - 12:00am

Tel: +84 24 3926 4669






💫 Follow my social media for more live updates ✨


You Might Also Like

1 comments

SA