I Did 2 Days La Juiceria Juice Cleanse, So What Happened?

March 09, 2017

As I mentioned over my previous post, I purchased a deal to try out the juice cleanse program by La Juiceria.

I'd planned to do this after huge feast during Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day and birthday treat.

Pre-Cleanse (22 February 2017)


So I follow their pre-cleanse process just to prep myself for the juice cleanse.

I eliminate caffeine (this is a huge deal for me and toughest part throughout this juice cleanse), I literally unable to function without coffee first in the morning.

I took green tea instead as per their instruction because I really do encountered coffee withdrawal headache.
I was still doing fine in the morning until 11am, I started to have serious headache, I am not too sure is this the coffee withdrawal headache or migraine (I do have migraine occasionally, which is very bad).
So I decided to take it slow, take a rest after I had quick lunch.

However the headache doesn't ease, it gets more and more serious, I started to sweat even I was in air-conditioned room.

It was unbearable and I decided to see doctor and off home to rest.

I picked up my Juice Cleanses set from Goodness Greens Café on my way home anyway.

Luckily my headache eventually cured after I slept for one and half hour once I got home.

That was pretty bad start as pre-cleanse. 

First Day of Juice Cleanses (23 February 2017)


I woke up feeling pretty fresh from long hour of sleep the night before.
I usually have my breakfast as early as 6:30am, so I was actually starving while I was driving to work before I had my first juice of the day at 8:30am. I can hardly take it and I ended up with few slices of carrot chalk in the car.

juice cleanse daily schedule

I followed through the above cleanse schedule pretty strictly as it seems very similar to my usual routine.

Goodness Greens Mint Lemonade Tropical Greens Gold Glow Beet Aid Almond Mylk

I was having Original Cleanse Set for the first day which consists of:

Goodness Greens
Mint Lemonade
Tropical Greens
Gold Glow
Beet Aid
Almond Mylk

fill water in 350ml bottle

I filled water into the juice bottle that I finished earlier, I can taste every bit of the goodness of the juice, at the same time I can get accurate measurement for 300ml of water.

There is no problem at all for me for the first 4 juices, I even feel energetic and fresh at 2pm, which is different from the usual day, I usually feel stuffed after I intake solid food or carbs during lunch.
However I feel slightly lack of energy between juice #5 Beet Aid and juice #6 Almond Mylk.

I did a light and short yoga session at 6:30pm, I feel so worn out after that and was actually feeling the hunger while waiting for juice #6 Almond Mylk.

I took juice #6 Almond Mylk after my shower, and I was feeling slightly dizzy after that (possibly due to low energy level) and I off to bed at 9:45pm.

Strangely enough, I used the washroom at 11pm and 4am in between my sleep which I usually don't.
I only drank 300ml of water at 9pm as per above cleanse schedule and one sip before sleep.


Second Day of Juice Cleanse (24 February 2017)

Goodness Greens PAM Love W Cilantro Celery Punch Orange Power Chocolate Almond Mylk

I opted for Alternative Cleanse Set for my second day of Juice Cleanse:

Goodness Greens
PAM
Love W
Cilantro Celery Punch
Orange Power
Chocolate Almond Mylk
(Missed out Chocolate Almond Mylk in the photo cause I consumed it at home)

I do not feel starve as early compared to my first day of Juice Cleanse, I can actually wait till 8:30am to start my first intake of juice.

By lunch time, it was really tough, because I have this feeling like I have not chew on anything for years, and had a huge craving on any solid food. I can't stop mumbling to my family and friends on how much I wanted solid food.

But I stay on.

Mind over body!!
Mind over body!!
Mind over body!!

I missed the time to consume juice #5 Orange Power at 5:30pm, I was stuck at meeting and was only able to drink it at 7pm. Luckily the hunger wasn't too overwhelmed.


MY THOUGHTS

Overall, I really love Almond Mylk, I thought I'd prefer Chocolate Almond Mylk more, but Almond Mylk took me by surprise. Another juice that is equally surprise was definitely Mint Lemonade, the ingredients was kind of meh, with Lemon, Mint, Wildflower Honey, Alkaline Hydrogen Water, you get what I mean right? But wildflower honey sunlight in the dark, it changes the whole game!

As a result, I do feel my skins are glowing even after first day of Juice Cleanse.
The more notable result has to be my usually bloated tummy, it instantly flatten on the next day even before I start my first juice.

Lastly, I think I overestimated myself at this. I thought this juicing thing will be a breeze for me, since I'm constantly on balanced diet, but turns out it is so hard!

I might still consider juice cleanse in future once in an extremely long time, to give my body a reboot, but One Day Juice Cleanse is enough.

I still can't believe I survived. 😆

So, have you tried Juice Cleanse? Let me know.
If you have not, would you like to challenge yourself?


puiyeesss blogspot

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SA